Have you been named as executor in someone’s will? Has a relative or friend died without a will? What do you do?
Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult situations you’ll ever face – and to top it off, what needs to be done legally when a person dies and leaves assets to distribute (“probate law”) can be complex and confusing.
But you are in good hands at AKC Law. Our probate attorneys have handled hundreds of probate cases and can guide you through the process so that it goes as smoothly as possible.
We can help you:
- Get the will admitted to probate, or file for intestacy if there is no will
- Give the necessary notices to creditors
- Give the necessary notices to beneficiaries
- Prepare and file the required inventory of estate assets
- Process creditors’ claims
- Provide required reports to beneficiaries
- Formulate a plan for distributing estate assets to the beneficiaries
- Prepare an estate tax return for the estate
In the unfortunate event that there is a need for litigation, our firm has a strong litigation practice with experience in trust and estate litigation. We represent executors, trustees, and beneficiaries on many trust and estate matters including will contests and other probate litigation matters.