Nebraska Employment Attorneys
Employment Law Can Be Very Complicated
As an employer, how do you avoid the pitfalls that increasingly seem to present themselves in the workplace? Consider this question, instead:
How do we best train and guide human resources personnel, supervisors and managers to minimize company risks for litigation and maximize retention?
This is precisely the proactive approach that Abrahams Kaslow & Cassman LLP takes in helping employers handle the complex concerns of managing employees.
Call us for answers at 1-402-392-1250. You may e-mail us by clicking here.
Employment Law Series 2016: click here to learn more
Abrahams Kaslow & Cassman LLP has effectively handled a wide array of employment law issues and educated employers on matters such as:
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Title VII discrimination claims, including sexual harassment
- Nebraska Fair Employment Practices Act (FEPA) claims
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) wage and hour issues, including minimum wage, employee exemptions, overtime, equal pay, child labor, Davis-Bacon compliance and Department of Labor audits
- 42 U.S.C. § 1981 and 42 U.S.C. § 1983 claims
- Whistleblower and retaliation
- Employee duty of loyalty, fiduciary duties and unfair competition
- Appropriate hiring and firing, performance evaluation, lay-offs, employment contracts, noncompete agreements, confidentiality agreements
- Misappropriation of confidential information and trade secrets
- Employee handbooks, including the necessary training to ensure compliance
- Employee discipline and discharge
- Seminars and management training on sexual harassment prevention, employee hiring, discipline and discharge, documentation and other employment matters
- OSHA/ workplace safety related employment matters
- National Labor Relations Board unfair labor practices
- Workers' compensation
- I-9 and employment eligibility verification issues
- Employment issues and litigation in administrative agencies, state and federal district and appellate courts
We offer seminars on nearly every aspect of employment law. We provide on-site management training sessions on harassment issues, hiring and firing, discipline and other employment matters.
When Dispute Resolution Doesn't Work, Count on our Experienced Litigators
While our attorneys are known for providing creative and innovative solutions to avoid employment disputes, sometimes litigation is the next best step. When this happens, employers may rest assured that we are experienced litigators with a depth of experience, thoroughness and confidence you expect from your attorney.
Our Proactive Approach
We take a proactive approach by helping large and small business owners handle the complicated issues involved in managing employees. We often help our clients avoid disputes and penalties by staying abreast of the latest developments in employment law and guiding employers to ensure compliance within the law. We counsel employers regarding performance evaluations, proper disciplinary procedures and terminations and assist in drafting employee handbooks.
Nationally Recognized Employment Law Attorneys
Our attorneys are AV-rated* by Martindale-Hubbell, and attorneys in our firm have earned the Chambers USA top lawyer ranking for being "well-versed in employment law and helpful in addressing employment issues."
*AV is the highest rating given by Martindale-Hubbell and is a registered certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary.