E-mail MeTimothy M. Kenny
Timothy M. Kenny is a partner with the firm and a member of the business department. He joined the firm in 1986 after spending eleven years as Assistant City Attorney for Omaha, Nebraska.
Mr. Kenny's practice focuses on administrative law, municipal law, corporate law, real estate matters and development and financing, and civil litigation. While acting as Assistant City Attorney, Mr. Kenny was general counsel to the Omaha Airport Authority, an independent non-tax supported governmental entity, and its Board of Directors.
Since 1980, Mr. Kenny has been special counsel to the Transit Authority of the City of Omaha, an independent governmental entity, and its Board of Directors. This representation includes personnel and employment matters, federal regulatory assistance, development of drug and employee assistance programs, supervision of claims investigation and all litigation matters. Mr. Kenny has represented numerous clients before city councils, county boards and other local and state governmental/administrative boards or agencies on matters including employment issues, zoning, eminent domain and liquor licenses.
Mr. Kenny received his Juris Doctor from the Creighton University School of Law in 1974. Mr. Kenny is a member of the Nebraska State Bar Association and is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- General Practice
- Administrative Law
- Municipal Law
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate Law
- Financing and Civil Litigation
- Nebraska, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska
- J.D. - 1974
Honors and Awards
- Listed in "Best Lawyers" for Municipal Law and Litigation-Municipal, 2009 - 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Transit Authority of the City of Omaha, Special Counsel, 1980 - Present
- National Institute of Municipal Law Officers, Past Member, Civil Division
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Member
- Transit Authority of the City of Omaha, Special Counsel to Board of Directors, 1980 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Omaha Airport Authority, General Counsel, 1981 - 1986
- City of Omaha, Nebraska, Assistant City Attorney, 1976 - 1986