E-mail MeJeffrey J. Blumel
Jeffrey J. Blumel is a partner with the firm and a member of the litigation department.
Mr. Blumel focuses his practice primarily on civil litigation. He represents and advises clients in commercial transaction disputes, including contract disputes, commercial and residential landlord/tenant matters, construction issues, foreclosures, and other business matters. He has extensive experience representing municipalities, the local transit authority, grocery and convenience stores, and other businesses in insurance defense litigation such as workers' compensation matters, personal injury claims, and collection of subrogation interests. He is familiar with the issues and procedures concerning political subdivisions.
He represents his individual and business clients in both state and federal courts, the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court, and before administrative agencies, local boards and councils. Mr. Blumel has also represented many clients in the appellate process and is experienced in handling matters through alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Blumel also has significant experience in the representation of the purchasers of real estate Certificates of Tax Sale, including the handling of all aspects of the foreclosure of such certificates in several Counties in Nebraska.
Mr. Blumel also counsels and assists clients in drafting wills, trusts and powers of attorney. He also handles the probate of wills and is familiar with Douglas County Probate procedures. In addition, Mr. Blumel regularly represents clients in guardianship and conservatorship matters.
Mr. Blumel obtained his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln in 1986 and his Juris Doctor from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 1989.
He is a member of the Omaha and Nebraska State Bar Associations and the Kentucky Bar Association.
Primary Industries Served:
Residential Building Construction; Electrical Work; Misc Special Trade Contractors; Misc Fabricated Metal Products; Gasoline Service Stations; Real Estate Agents & Managers; Tax Certificate Purchases; Local and Suburban Transportation; Intercity and Rural Business Transportation
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Tax Certificate Foreclosure
- Estate Planning
- General Corporate Matters
- Will Contest
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Trust Litigation
- Nebraska, 1989
- Kentucky, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- J.D. - 1989
- University of Nebraska at Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska,
- B.S. - 1986
- Major: Business Administration
Honors and Awards
- Leadership Omaha, Class 27, Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce, 2004 - 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Omaha Bar Association, Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky State Bar Association, Member
- Mid-America Council, Boy Scouts of America, Board of Trustees Board Member, 2007 - Present
- St. Robert Bellarmine Catholic Church Athletic Commission, Commission Member, Past President, 2006 - Present
- Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity, Lambda Nu Chapter - Board of Trustees, Past Board Member
- Knights of Columbus Council #10108, Advocate
- Creighton Prep - Cross Country Parent's Board
- Phi Gamma Delta