E-mail MeAaron D. Weiner
Aaron D. Weiner is a partner with the firm and a member of the litigation department. He joined the firm in 1990. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Weiner served as a law clerk to the Honorable John T. Grant of the Nebraska Supreme Court.
Mr. Weiner represents individuals, businesses and political subdivisions in federal and all state courts. He specializes in appellate practice in both the state and federal courts and has experience representing clients before local and state administrative agencies.
Mr. Weiner focuses his practice on advocating for businesses in commercial disputes. Mr. Weiner has experience in multi-million dollar litigations, including defending what was then the world's largest telemarketer in a "bet the company" suit. Mr. Weiner was local counsel for the plaintiff in a stock ownership dispute winning what is believed to be the largest judgment in Nebraska history. Mr. Weiner serves as local counsel for several national clients.
He also has handled significant insurance defense work for the local bus company and currently provides errors and omissions defense for real estate agents and brokers. He has significant experience in representing both landlords and tenants in leasing transaction disputes and has authored materials and lectured on the topic.
Mr. Weiner has also had the privilege of representing franchisees in franchise and lease negotiations, and has represented a national franchisors in franchisee termination and franchise disputes.
In addition to zealous preparation and advocacy in court, Mr. Weiner prides himself in helping clients evaluate their rights, and then assisting them in the creative negotiation and resolution of disputes.
Mr. Weiner obtained his Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, from Colorado College in 1986, and his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from the University of Minnesota Law School in 1989. While a law student, Mr. Weiner was published in the University of Minnesota Law Review where he was also an Associate Articles Editor.
Mr. Weiner is a member of the Omaha Bar Association and Nebraska State Bar Association. He is also a charter member of the Robert Spire Inns of Court, a group of judges and trial lawyers who meet monthly to promote professionalism, civility and ethics.
Primary Industries Served:
Residential Building Construction; Local & Suburban Transportation; Intercity & Rural Bus Transportation; Telephone Communication; Eating & Drinking Places; Commercial Banks
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Litigation & Appeals
- Real Estate
- Administrative Law
- Franchise Litigation
- 70% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Nebraska, 1989
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. magna cum laude - 1989
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Law Review: University of Minnesota Law Review, 1987 - 1989
- Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- B.A.magna cum laude - 1986
- Major: Political Economics
- "Toward the Adoption of State Law as the Federal Rule Decision in Cases Involving Voluntary Federal Creditors", 73 Minnesota Law Review 171, 1988
- Central Address System
- CBSHome Real Estate
- AIG Insurance
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Research & Writing, Creighton University Law School, 1993 - 1995
- Landlord Tenant Disputes, Nebraska State Bar, Sterling Education
- Commercial Leasing, Lorman
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Member
- Omaha Bar Association, Member
- Robert Spire Inns of Court, 1998 - 2004
Past Employment Positions
- Nebraska Supreme Court, Hon. John P. Grant, Law Clerk, 1989 - 1990
- Phi Gamma Delta
- Gamma Eta Gamma